Thursday, August 6, 2009

Padre on Windows

So, after my fail getting Padre up and running on my MacBook Pro, I figured the least I could do was take a few minutes to try installing the new Almost Six package on my 64-bit Vista box.

Quickly: Install was straightforward and fast. It created a Padre folder in the Start menu. Padre started smoothly. I quickly loaded one of my Perl 6 scripts. After fiddling around a minute, I got the Perl 6 plug-in activated, and the syntax highlighting looks good. Using the Run menu constantly ran it against Perl 5.10 -- I assume that means Strawberry Perl is now installed on my machine, as I'm pretty sure my ActiveState Perl was at 5.8.x. I wasn't able to figure out how to run my script in Rakudo from Padre. But I assume that's just a matter of playing around a few more minutes to get it working.

1 comment:

  1. It's a very alpha'y first attempt, Padre will take a few more releases to weed out some of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete